- Shorelines | Lake Homes: Crazy about Christmas - Jeff Wetter and Scott Sayre go all out at the holidays, decorating more than a dozen trees with themes that reflect their jobs, hobbies and interests.
- Shoreline | Lake Homes: Spiritual Support - George and Michele Moonan will open their Cape Cod cottage-style home, which they said they believe
is a gift from God, to visitors of the 24th Smith Mountain Lake Charity Home Tour Oct. 10-12.
- Shorelines | Lake Homes: Everything Old is New Again - Vintage charm defines this Contentment Island home
- Shorelines | Dock Trends: Taking stock in the Dock - The dog days of summer are here – the time of year when many Lakers spend as much (or more) time on the dock as in the house. Area dock builders say they’ve been busy over the past few months, not only with new construction, but also with renovations and expansions for customers looking to upgrade their over-the-water spaces. To find out what’s trending, we spoke with dock specialists who earned accolades in our 2014 Best of SML Awards.
- 2014 SML Charity Home Tour By Water - The Smith Mountain Lake Charity Home Tour is one of the region’s most anticipated annual events. Taking the tour by boat takes the fun level up a notch, allowing visitors to get an inside look at eight distinctive homes while enjoying the lake’s scenic fall splendor.
- Shorelines | Art & Culture: Live at the Lake - Arts council works to broaden music variety in the region
- 2013 SML Charity Home Tour - The Smith Mountain Lake Charity Home Tour is one of the region’s most-anticipated annual events. Taking the tour by boat brings the fun level up a notch, allowing visitors to get an inside look at eight distinctive homes while enjoying the lake’s scenic fall splendor.
- A silver celebration - Over the past 25 years, the Smith Mountain Lake Wine Festival
has grown from a modest gathering on the grounds of a local
bed and breakfast into the area’s largest and most popular event.
Welcome to smithmountainlake.com, home to the most comprehensive information on
beautiful Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia. Our focus is Smith Mountain Lake real estate, recreation,
entertainment, events, people and community news.
January / February 2015 Issue