- LAKE HOMES: Home with a heart - The former Emerald Bay model home is a perfect fit for the Morrison family
- LAKE & GARDEN: Gifts for the gardener - Four books to consider for the gardener on your holiday list
- Lake Homes: Pride & joy - Watt Foster and fiancee Jennifer Bryant will open their mountain lodge-themed home to Smith Mountain Lake Charity Home Tour visitors Oct. 11-13.
- Family Ties - Page Lewis and her 12 children have created a charming, wildlife-friendly garden worthy of the top prize in our annual landscape competition.
- 2013 SML Charity Home Tour - The Smith Mountain Lake Charity Home Tour is one of the region’s most-anticipated annual events. Taking the tour by boat brings the fun level up a notch, allowing visitors to get an inside look at eight distinctive homes while enjoying the lake’s scenic fall splendor.
- A silver celebration - Over the past 25 years, the Smith Mountain Lake Wine Festival
has grown from a modest gathering on the grounds of a local
bed and breakfast into the area’s largest and most popular event.
- Special Section: Summer Fun - Keen on the Green - Profiles of the four golf courses at Smith Mountain Lake
- Lifelong learning - 4-H Road Scholar participants explore a variety of interests in a low-key, interactive setting
- Enduring art - For more than 35 years, local artisans have been producing distinctive and functional pottery in bucolic Bedford County.
- Beer's here! - It didn't take long for the Smith Mountain Lake community to embrace Sunken City Brewing Company, which opened in May at Westlake Towne Center
- LOVE THE LAKE - Everything you need to know about Laker Media products
- Best of SML awards - Reader favorites are revealed for 2012!
- Captain Seaweed - If you've been around Smith Mountain nLake for any length of time, chances are you've crossed paths with Capt. Seaweed.
- Physicians on a mission - Lake-area pediatrician Adam Sarbin turned his midlife crisis into an opportunity to provide medical help to impoverished patients in Haiti.
- Major Joyride - She may have gotten a late start
in competitive wakeboarding, but it didn’t take long for this part-time Smith Mountain Lake resident to rise to the top of the sport’s most elite level.
- Misdirected Hostility - Will and Lori Dillon have turned their passion for powerboating into an opportunity to promote on-water safety.
Welcome to smithmountainlake.com, home to the most comprehensive information on
beautiful Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia. Our focus is Smith Mountain Lake real estate, recreation,
entertainment, events, people and community news.
November / December 2013 Issue