- A Guide to Activities and Entertainment at Smith Mountain Lake - Directory of Businesses
- Boat Rentals, Sales and Service at Smith Mountain Lake - A directory of businesses serving boaters
- Smith Mountain Lake Marinas - Serving SML Boaters
Latest from Laker Weekly
- BYRA hoping to lure new skippers by adding fleet -
- Jersey Girls congregate for night of fun -
- Harbor, new indie-music due, taking off -
- Miss your first boat? - It's like your first love. There may be others, but the first always will hold a special place in your heart. So it is with boats. Because there may be a number of prospective boat owners, some of whom will be testing the boating waters for the first time, visiting the Southwest Virginia Boat Dealers Boat Show beginning today, we asked some SML skippers to share memories of their first boat.
- February fishing report - Provided by professional fishing guide Capt. Dale Wilson
- So, how low is it? - Looking to add a little humor to a situation that's not considered funny by many Smith Mountain Lake residents, we asked Laker Weekly readers to complete the following sentence: The lake is so low that.... Following are some of the responses readers submitted.
- January fishing report - Provided by professional fishing guide Capt. Dale Wilson
- Charity Chug's toy trains again will pull into SML -
- All-purpose, all year - What may be the lake's best-kept secret, the W.E. Skelton 4-H Center, is utilized out of season as well as in.
- November fishing report - Provided by professional fishing guide Capt. Dale Wilson.
Latest from Smith Mountain Laker Magazine
- Laker Kids: On-Water Ideas and Off-Water Adventures -
- Set sail at Smith Mountain Lake -
- Fun per gallon - Tips for enjoying the lake without breaking the bank
- 2012 Summer Fun Guide -
- Take The Laker With You - See where our readers have taken us on their travels.
- Conquering the cold - New Year's Day tradition enters its 19th year for the Smith Mountain Lake Water Ski Club
- Take the Laker July/August 2011 -
- Legend at the lake - Miss America IX, a record-breaking speed boat from the 1930s, will be featured at the Smith Mountain Lake Antique & Classic Boat Show
- Jenna Marie - After his cruiser was damaged by a marina roof collapse in 2010, a strange twist of fate led Ted Jordan to his newest vessel
- 2011 Smith Mountain Lake Wine Festival - Spirits columnist Gordon Kendall writes about the importance of wine festivals to small, local wineries