January / February 2015 Issue
November / December 2014 Issue
- Laker Magazine November/December 2014 issue - Flip through the entire November/December 2014 issue of Smith Mountain Laker Magazine online
- Editor’s Note: November/December 2014 -
- Shorelines | Lake Homes: Crazy about Christmas - Jeff Wetter and Scott Sayre go all out at the holidays, decorating more than a dozen trees with themes that reflect their jobs, hobbies and interests.
- 2014 SML Holiday Gift Guide -
- Holiday Gift Guide: Celebrating Small - The last Saturday in November provides an opportunity
for Smith Mountain Lake businesses to shine.
- Shorelines | Spirits: 12 Gift ideas for Libation Lovers - When it comes to holiday presents or host/hostess gifts, wine is always a great go-to choice. But if you’re interested in branching out beyond the standard bottle, there are a bevy of gift items available – including distinctive ones for sale at Smith Mountain Lake-area retailers and wineries – that enthusiasts of beer, wine and spirits are sure to enjoy.
- Fit & Healthy Guide - 2014 Guide to Wellness at Smith Mountain Lake
- Now Read This: Class of 1940 -
- Fit & Healthy: A guide to wellness at Smith Mountain Lake: Bridging the Gap - In December, one local healthcare provider will give the gift
of improved medical facilities and expanded services
to residents and visitors of Smith Mountain Lake.
- Dock Tale Hour: O' Christmas Tree -
- Shorelines | Lake & Garden: Sure To Please - The active gardening season is drawing to a close and the holiday season is upon us. Now is a good time to think about holiday gifts that will delight the gardeners in your life.
- Shorelines | Art & Culture: Peer Performance - Area songwriters to showcase original work at Dec. 5 coffeehouse concert
- Shorelines | Art & Culture: Writer’s Haven - “The mind of a writer can be a truly terrifying thing. Isolated, neurotic, caffeine-addled, crippled by procrastination, consumed by feelings of panic, self-loathing and soul-crushing inadequacy. And that’s on a good day.”
- Actor Robert De Niro during a speech at the 2014 Academy Awards
- Shorelines | Art & Culture: In Perfect Harmony - Blackwater Recording Studio offers top-notch technology and a tranquil setting that inspires musical creativity.
September / October 2014 Issue
July / August 2014 Issue
May / June 2014 Issue
March / April 2014 Issue
- Editor's Note -
- March/April 2014 Smith Mountain Laker Magazine - Flip through the entire March/April 2014 issue of Smith Mountain Laker Magazine online
- 2014 Home & Garden Guide - A list of resources for area homeowners and building professionals
- Homes Away From Home - It’s not unusual for Lakers to enjoy spending time in a second home.
When that home’s on wheels, however, it’s not your typical real estate.
No, the wheels make it a “recreational vehicle” — RV for short — and a number of area residents find theirs long on vacationing pleasure.
- Townhouse Transformed - After puchasing a 25-year-old property at The Water’s Edge, Buddy and Pamela Smith
turned to the lake’s most seasoned interior designer to give it a total overhaul.
- Unbreakable Bonds - Three generations of one family afflicted with a rare genetic disease have chosen to serve as living organ donors,each giving up a kidney to save the life of a loved one.
- Piece by Piece - Smith Mountain Lake artist Shelly La Treill follows
a tedious process to turn client concepts into colorful stained-glass creations.
- Now Read This: Voices From Smith Mountain Lake -
- Salvaged from the Storm - When Charlie Diederich realized the towering red oak at his lakeside home
was dying, he searched for a meaningful way to repurpose its beauty.
January / February 2014 Issue
November / December 2013 Issue
September / October 2013 Issue
- September/October 2013 Smith Mountain Laker Magazine - Flip through the entire September/October 2013 issue of Smith Mountain Laker Magazine online
- Family Ties - Page Lewis and her 12 children have created a charming, wildlife-friendly garden worthy of the top prize in our annual landscape competition.
- Lake Homes: Pride & joy - Watt Foster and fiancee Jennifer Bryant will open their mountain lodge-themed home to Smith Mountain Lake Charity Home Tour visitors Oct. 11-13.
- Captain Seaweed - If you've been around Smith Mountain nLake for any length of time, chances are you've crossed paths with Capt. Seaweed.
- Physicians on a mission - Lake-area pediatrician Adam Sarbin turned his midlife crisis into an opportunity to provide medical help to impoverished patients in Haiti.
- 2013 SML Charity Home Tour - The Smith Mountain Lake Charity Home Tour is one of the region’s most-anticipated annual events. Taking the tour by boat brings the fun level up a notch, allowing visitors to get an inside look at eight distinctive homes while enjoying the lake’s scenic fall splendor.
- A silver celebration - Over the past 25 years, the Smith Mountain Lake Wine Festival
has grown from a modest gathering on the grounds of a local
bed and breakfast into the area’s largest and most popular event.
- Enduring art - For more than 35 years, local artisans have been producing distinctive and functional pottery in bucolic Bedford County.
- Driving Miss Cynthia - After undergoing 13 years of restoration, the 1947 Chris-Craft owned by Lars and Cindy Okeson is ready to make its SML debut.
July / August 2013 Issue
May / June 2013 Issue
May / June 2013 Issue
March / April 2013 Issue
January / February 2013 Issue
Past Publications - 2008 (PDF format)