Latest from Laker Weekly
- Dave Moran's fame attempt gets boost from comedian -
- Bedford County man gets family lines on paper -
- Irish are lucky, but also inspiring -
- Music: the tie that binds - Seven family members make up the Moneta-based gospel group Mark Dubbeld Family.
- Dedication to lactation - Julie Taylor changed her focus from helping birth babies to espousing the benefits of breast-feeding.
- Double duty - John Yates served in the Navy for his native England and later for his adoptive country.
- Column: Shorelines - Minister working to get clean drinking water in developing countries
- All those cables can get you more charged up than your phone -
- Pieces in place - Artist Patty Van Dolson celebrates life in her mosaics.
- Franklin County's first family of farmers honored - Brubaker brothers recognized by Virginia Livestock Hall of Fame.
Latest from Smith Mountain Laker Magazine
- Profile:Ace Architect - Laker Trish England made her mark as as the architect of 16 baseball stadiums
- Bright Mind, Kind Heart - Entrepreneur, philanthropist and lake lover Roy Gignac
- Love at first hike - Fitness enthusiasts Jack and Jan O'Connell found love later in life
- How sweet it is - Local chocolatier Stacy Noland makes decadent desserts for any occasion
- City to Country - Once an orthopedic specialist for New York City-area pro athletes, Dr. John Carmody now provides care to rural patients and enjoys life at SML.
- Labor of Love - The Furrow family has made producing award-winning wines a family affair at Hickory Hill Vineyards & Winery
- Dream Job - Brothers Travis and Ryan Burke have turned an adolescent enterprise into a beloved SML tradition
- What's in a name? - "Castaway III" Boat delivers everything these Lakers need
- Profile: It's official: Stritesky loves lake living - Laker Bruce Stritesky has found success on the gridiorn as an official in the National Football League
- David Baldacci - Action and suspense novelist David Baldacci leaves the danger and drama behind when he and he his family retreat to their Smith Mountain Lake home