The Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce is offering $500 to any photographer with the perfect shot of the region.
The contest is open to anyone, and the amount of photos submitted is unlimited. The first place prize is $500, second place is $150 and third place is $50.
Photos can be submitted in 10 categories, including:
* People: Individuals of any age.
* Vacation: Favorite attractions, including a beach, dining, shopping at local stores or other activities.
* Festivals: SML Wine Festival, Pirate Days or the Antique and Classic Boat Show. Weddings are welcome, too.
* Culinary: People dining, prepared plates or fresh food.
* Outdoor adventure: Cycling, camping, fishing, riding a personal watercraft, golf (including mini-golf) hiking, paddling, swimming and boating, among others.
* Indoor activities: Fitness, church activities, concerts.
* Scenic: Landscapes, lake scenes, sunrises, sunsets.
* Real estate: Exteriors and interiors of homes.
* National monuments: Booker T. Washington National Monument or the National D-Day Memorial.
“Unfortunately, our supply of fun, clever and fantastic photos is limited,” said Vicki Gardner, the chamber’s executive director.
“We often see photos on social media that would qualify as prize winners. This contest reaches out to everyone with a camera and creative photos they would like to share with the world.”
Photos must be high resolution and taken within the past two years. The deadline to enter is July 31 at 5 p.m.
For more information, visit visitsmithmountainlake.com/photo contest.