Stewartsville Fire

Photo courtesy of Moneta Fire Department

An upstairs bedroom and a portion of the attic caught fire at this home on Stewartsville Road on the evening of Sept. 6.

A house fire Sept. 6 displaced a family of six in Moneta.

Fire units from Moneta, Stewartsville and Bedford responded to the 3400 block of Stewartsville Road at approximately 7:30 p.m., according to Bedford County Fire Marshall Jeff Pauley in a news release.

Upon arrival, firefighters discovered a fire in the upstairs bedroom that had spread to the attic. Firefighters had the fire under control at 9:27 p.m., Pauley said.

The fire started in an upstairs wall between a bedroom and bathroom, Pauley said. He ruled the fire accidental, and said it was likely caused by an overloaded electrical circuit.

The home sustained moderate fire damage along with smoke and water damage. There were no reported injuries. The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.